Due to the popularity of Napier charm bracelets, this is often one item that is “Faked.” Because Napier charm bracelets consistently sell for more than $100.00, it has led to an abundance of fake products. This bracelet is a prime example. There are three”tells” when looking at this bracelet.
1. Double “elbow” spring ring clasps.
2. Clasp is un-plated
3. The loop of the pin stem attaching the charm to the chain is malformed.
Key Factors Explained
1. Napier would have never applied spring rings on both sides of a bracelet.
2. About ten years ago, un-plated Napier clasps were sold on eBay like hot cakes. (I tried buying up as many as possible to protect the market, but there were too many to make a dent.
3. The craftsmanship at Napier was superb. A mal-formed loop would have never passed quality control. Looking at the loops connecting components on Napier jewelry, you will see tight, well-formed loops.