Napier Drummer Boy Pendant NecklaceSeptember 7, 2023
Napier Doris Day Original NecklaceSeptember 7, 2023
Napier Abstract 1970s Pendant Necklace
Step back in time to the 1970s, an era that witnessed the birth of daring and avant-garde fashion, where self-expression reigned supreme. In this vibrant cultural milieu, Napier emerged as a trailblazer, crafting an array of abstract and brutalist-style pendant necklaces that captivated the spirit of the times. These pieces were more than just jewelry; they were an embodiment of the era’s desire for escape from the drab and dreary, a subtle act of rebellion against the bleak landscape of the day.
This piece, certainly a conversation starter, hovered between haute fashion and tailored. The pendant features a convex rounded circular plaque with open biomorphic cut outs yielding an organic appearance.
• SKU: NA-NE-2023-09-04 15.33.33-70-tnb-a-4
• Designer or Maker: NAPIER
• Mark: Napier with copyright mark on plaque.
• Style: Pendant statement necklace.
• Circa Date: 1975
• Condition: Tiny amount of rough surface on the back that appears original to the casting. The piece is hard to photograph. Darkened areas are photographic artifacts.
• Age Group: Adult
• Color: gold.
• Material: white metal, gold tone plate
• Size or Measurement: Approx Pendant measures 3 1/4″ in diameter suspended from 12″ bilateral chains.
• Type: Napier abstract pendant necklace, Napier brutalist necklace, Napier 1970s jewelry, Napier 1970s necklace, Napier gold-tone necklace.